Getting a library card is easy! You can come into one of our five TCPL locations to register or you can print off the Library Card Registration Form below, complete your information, and bring it to the library. Be sure to bring a photo ID and a document, like a piece of mail or a bill, that shows your current address. If your current address is on your driver's license, that's all you need.
Tuscarawas County Public Library cards are issued free of charge. Customers under 18 may apply for a card only when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Your library card allows you to borrow from our eCollections and collection of books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, and more! Take a look at our Charges and Fees for more information.
Teachers, homeschoolers, and daycare providers in Tuscarawas County may also be eligible to receive Educator Cards to make it easier for you to get library resources into the classroom and the hands of your students.
Digital Library Card:
- The digital library card gives exclusive access to eCollections and online databases only.
- Fine free
- Complete the online form to request a digital library card. Someone will provide you with your digital card information within 72 hours.
- Available to preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, and home educators.
- Items checked out on these cards can be kept for 30 days and are not subject to overdue fines.
- Replacement charges for lost or damaged items still apply.
- Must provide proof of educator status. Applicant must present proof in the form of a current paycheck from their place of employment, teacher photo id, or a copy of their current Home Educator Letter of Intent or Excusal From Compulsory Attendance form.
New Borrower Card:
- This temporary card expires in 60 days.
- Provide proof of address to receive a permanent card.
- The new borrower card restricts the number of items that may be checked out to five items with the exception of games that are limited to two.
Charges and Fees:
The Library reserves the right to restrict the borrowing privileges of any person who has overdue materials and/or accumulated fines and charges.
- Overdue Library of Things* $1.00/day
- Overdue Launchpads* $1.00/day
- * Fees will be waived once items are returned without damage.
Library materials can be returned to any TCPL location. Each Library features a 24-hour outdoor book return.
- Eligible items will renew automatically.
- Most items can be renewed four times for the same length of time as the original loan period.
- Library customers can renew items in person, by telephone, online, or by using a mobile app.