The Tuscarawas County Public Library welcomes donations of new and gently used books and audiovisual materials. Below is a set of criteria that describes the types of materials we accept anytime during the year, the types of materials we accept during designated times prior to a Friends of the Library book sale, and the types of materials that we are unable to accept at any time.
These criteria apply to donations to each of our five locations and mobile services. When requested, the library will provide a receipt describing the number and type of donated material. The library cannot be responsible for the appraisal or valuation of gifts for income tax or any other purpose.
- Books (children’s, teen, and adult fiction and nonfiction) with current year copyright and in excellent physical condition (copyright can usually be found on first few pages of the book)
- Popular or classic DVDs in excellent physical condition (no scratches or missing pieces)
- Books with local historical or genealogical significance with approval
- Books (children’s, teens, and adult fiction and nonfiction) in good condition, regardless of copyright
- DVDs in good physical condition (no scratches or missing pieces)
- Music CDs
- Phone books
- Almanacs or encyclopedias
- Computer or medical books
- Print materials with yellowed or missing pages
- Audiovisual materials that are damaged or incomplete sets
- Readers' Digest condensed books
- Cassette tapes
- VHS tapes