The Tuscarawas County Public Library System welcomes artists and collectors of all disciplines to display their works and collections. Exhibits and collections will not be excluded because of the race or nationality or the social, political, or religious views of the artist or collector. Exhibits and displays are intended for the cultural, informational, and recreational enjoyment of our residents.
Goals of Art Exhibits and Collection Displays:
- To support the community’s cultural and artistic activities;
- To nourish educational, intellectual, aesthetic and creative growth with a wide range of art, collections, and displays;
- To encourage individuals who may be contributing to the increase of knowledge or extension of the arts;
- To reach non-traditional library customers.
- Library use of display areas takes precedence over any other use. The library reserves the right, without notice, to cancel the use of the display areas by outside exhibitors if the administration determines that the display space is needed for library purposes.
- When these spaces are not in use, the library may provide, at its discretion and subject to stipulations below, space for the display of collections or materials which are of general interest to the public.
- Displays or exhibits promoting local educational, cultural, or recreational opportunities are encouraged. Those setting up displays are asked to remember that these spaces are public areas that are readily accessible by library users of all ages.
- The presence of a particular display in the library does not indicate that the library either advocates or endorses the viewpoints of exhibits or exhibitors.
- The artist/collector is responsible for setting up his or her display – both arranging and dismantling. Both installation and removal must be done during regular library hours. No additional hooks, nails, or other fasteners will be attached to the walls without consent of the library.
- Artwork and collections must be ready for exhibition with items having proper attachments for hanging or be ready for display in cases.
- No prices should be affixed to items. No exhibited items may be sold through library staff. Exhibitors may leave business cards and/or brochures containing contact information for library customers to contact the owner directly.
- Prior to displaying, all exhibitors must sign a Waiver of Responsibility form that releases the library from any responsibility for loss or damage to items displayed at a library.
- The library will not provide storage for the property of exhibitors beyond the period specified for the display. Exhibits left beyond this period will be considered abandoned property and will be disposed of accordingly.
- All exhibits are free and open to the public.
Board Approved 2/19/2018