The Tuscarawas County Public Library System is seeking a motivated individual who will assume the role of Public Service Associate based out of the Main location.
Public Service Associate
$15.50/hour plus benefits including vacation, holiday, and sick leave; OPERS retirement; life insurance; eligible for insurance; 40 hours per week including two (2) evenings a week and weekend rotations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; library experience and/or equivalent preferred; experience with library research; may be required to load, unload, lift, shelve, transfer, and/or transport materials up to 50 lbs including cargo and bookdrop; provide own transportation in fulfillment of job duties; be available two (2) evenings a week and rotating Saturdays.
Under the supervision of the Adult/Teen Services Manager, the Public Service Associate Seeks to promote the library through the fulfillment of customer informational needs, learning engagement, and building relationships in the community. This position will work heavily with the teen population including creating teen programs. A knowledge of teen literature is preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Takes a proactive approach with customer service by anticipating needs and building relationships within the community to advance the mission of the library
- Engages the community and special population groups through multiple delivery methods, programming opportunities, promotional materials, and relevant displays
- Interprets and fulfills customer needs; refers them appropriately
- Instructs customers on the use of library’s computers, devices, and e-resources including databases and downloadables; stays current on the use of new library resources
- Provides quality circulation, reference, and reader’s advisory service to customers
- Plans, prepares, presents, and/or assists with innovative library programs
- Provides new customers with information about the Library; promotes Library information, services, and programs
- Provides Mobile Services Support
- Interprets customers’ needs and refers them appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; listening and interpersonal skills; organizational skills; public speaking skills
- Excellent computer and information technology skills
- Skilled in mobile technology
- Tablets, eReaders, laptop
- Digital downloads
Interested persons should submit a completed job application along with a letter highlighting skills and experience, and 3 letters of recommendation in relation to this job posting to:
Human Resources Coordinator
Tuscarawas County Public Library System
121 Fair Avenue NW
New Philadelphia, OH 44663